1. What Are the New Form Elements in HTML5?
Form elements are also known as semantic elements in HTML5. They clearly describe the meaning to the browser and the developer. The new form elements recently introduced are:
· <datalist> – this form element gives a list of options for input controls.
· <keygen> – this form element generates an encryption key.
· <output> – this form element is the result of an expression.
If the candidate mentions the above elements, it shows he/she is well aware of the latest updates about the languages used in web development which is a good sign.
2. What Is a Canvas? What Is Its Default Border Size?
By default, the border size of Canvas element and size of its drawing surface is 300 screen pixels wide and 150 screen pixels high. Developers can increase the canvas element size but the drawing surface remains the same.
The candidate should know the limitations of the drawing surface size. If the candidate is not having such basic knowledge about canvas element, it is a red flag.
3. What Is SVG and Why Do You Use It?
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics. It is used to display vector graphics on the Web. SVG graphics uses XML format and they do not lose quality even when resized.
4. How Is CSS3 Different from CSS?
This is one of the basic web developer interview questions and a candidate needs to know the right answer for it. The right answer is CSS3 is the latest version of CSS which has brought many improvements for a better user experience.
Some of the features introduced in this new CSS version are media queries, custom layout, animation, and rounded corners.
5. What Are Different Types of CSS?
There are three different types of CSS which includes
· Embedded – it uses <style> attribute to add CSS styles
· Inline – it adds CSS to the HTML elements
· External/linked – it adds an external CSs file to HTML document
6. What Is Webkit in CSS3 and Why It Is Used?
Webkit is a core software component which is responsible for rendering CSS and HTML in browsers like Safari and Chrome. There are other rendering engines like Presto for Opera, Gecko for Firefox and Edge for IE.
To run Webkit on any page, you need to use the <webkit> keyword with CSS values. For example,
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px 0px #ffffff;
box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px 0px #ffffff;
8. What Is the Difference Between Null Value and Undefined Value?
· A variable which is declared but not assigned any value will have <undefined> value
· A variable who has been assigned with null will yield a <null> value
· <null> is an object whereas <undefined> is a type itself
<Alert> – it only features an <OK> button to proceed
<Confirm> – this pop-up box features <OK> and <Cancel> buttons
<Prompt> – this pop-up box asks for user input which is then follows by <OK> and <Cancel> buttons.
These are only some important web developer interview questions that should be part of the interview process. Do you have any questions? Please feel free to comment.
- Top Ten UI Developer Interview Questions and Best Answers UI developers shoulder the responsibility of creating an entire user interface. Due to the nature...
- Six Critical Misconceptions About Freelance Web Designers According to US freelance statistics, there are more than 53 million freelance workers in the...
- Six Credentials to Look for Before Hiring an Ecommerce Website Developer Online business owners cannot afford to miss anything when it comes to having a perfect...
- How to Hire a Freelance Graphic Designer You need professional graphic design to connect with customers and gain an edge over competitors....
- What You May Not Think about When Hiring a Web Designer … and Should! Whether you are running a successful blog, an online business or some other kind of...